Partner Engineer, Media Partnerships
(New York, NY)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Partner Engineering is a global team of Software Engineers who work closely with our strategic partners and world-class engineering and product teams to define, launch, and scale platform products at Facebook. In this unique partner-facing engineering team, you will use your excellent technical and business skills to deliver platform products that drive value for our community, our partners, and Facebook.
Our Partner Engineering team sits at the intersection of our Partnerships, Operations, Product, and Core Engineering organizations. The team plays a critical role in the success of our new platform products through a variety of activities, such as building tools for external developers and working directly with partners to create highly visible and successful use cases on top of our platforms. Our team has played an instrumental role in the launch and scaling of many platform-related products here at Facebook, including Instagram, Internet.org, Messenger, and Instant Articles.
If you have the ambition, curiosity, and fearlessness to work on multiple key technologies alongside some of the most innovative companies around the world, you’ve found your home.
This position is based in our New York office.
- Deeply understand Facebook’s platform products and their underlying implementation
- Work closely with our strategic partners to integrate with Facebook’s platform products and ensure value creation
- Represent the external developer’s view on our products to help prioritize the product roadmap accordingly
- Represent Facebook and its platform offerings at developer events
- Develop tools and documentation to help scale Facebook’s platform products
- Develop sample code and other materials to share with the broader Facebook developer community
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer
- Strong understanding of consumer products on the web, media experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Solid software development skills with experience building software developed in (at least one) Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Willingness and ability to travel ~20% of time
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of the Facebook, Instagram, or Messenger Platforms
- Experience with iOS, Android or other mobile platforms
- Must have strong English presentation skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top