Partner Engineer, Media Partnerships
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Partner Engineering is a global team of Software Engineers who work closely with our strategic partners and world-class engineering and product teams to define, launch, and scale platform products at Facebook. In this unique partner-facing engineering team, you will use your excellent technical and business skills to deliver platform products that drive value for our community, our partners, and Facebook.
Our Partner Engineering team sits at the intersection of our Partnerships, Operations, Product, and Core Engineering organizations. The team plays a critical role in the success of our new platform products through a variety of activities, such as building tools for external developers and working directly with partners to create highly visible and successful use cases on top of our platforms. Our team has played an instrumental role in the launch and scaling of many platform-related products here at Facebook, including Instagram, Internet.org, Messenger, and Instant Articles.
If you have the ambition, curiosity, and fearlessness to work on multiple key technologies alongside some of the most innovative companies around the world, you've found your home.
This position is based in our New York office.
- Deeply understand Facebook's platform products and their underlying implementation
- Work closely with our strategic partners to integrate with Facebook's platform products and ensure value creation
- Represent the external developer's view on our products to help prioritize the product roadmap accordingly
- Represent Facebook and its platform offerings at developer events
- Develop tools and documentation to help scale Facebook's platform products
- Develop sample code and other materials to share with the broader Facebook developer community
- Previous experience (4+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer
- Understanding of consumer products on the web
- Communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Software development skills with experience building software developed in (at least one) Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Knowledgeable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Willingness and ability to travel ~20% of time
- Experience with iOS, Android or other mobile platforms
- English presentation skills
- Media experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top