Partner Engineer, Games
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Partner Engineering is a highly technical team that works with our strategic partners to help them build, grow and monetize their games using the Facebook platform and services. In this role, you will engage with some of the world's most influential gaming companies and work closely with our world-class engineering and product teams.
You will use your deep knowledge of the Facebook platform and insight from working with key partners to identify opportunities to deliver value to developers, prototyping and developing ideas where appropriate.
We are also looking for someone who can represent Facebook at developer events and conferences, contribute to developer documentation and build sample material to help developers integrate with our tools and technologies. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to make our partners successful and improve the platform. This position is full time and is based in our Menlo Park office.
- Deeply understand the platform architecture and product offering for developers across web and mobile
- Own technical relationships with key platform partners
- Debug complex technical issues as they arise from partners or as part of new product launches
- Contribute feedback for innovative solutions to help nurture a healthy developer ecosystem
- Develop prototypes for tools and services that will help developers succeed
- Manage platform feature launches and beta testing process
- Write sample apps and develop best practices to help game developers integrating with Facebook
- Developer outreach in the gaming community through conferences, blogs and hacks
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree and experience
- Previous experience (4+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant, game developer or partner/sales engineer
- Understanding of the web and mobile technology stacks
- Willingness and ability to travel ~10% of the time
- Candidates will complete Facebook's 6-week engineering boot camp
- Experience working with or in support of communities
- Communication skills, experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Understanding of the Facebook Platform or experience building social applications and games
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top