Partner Engineer, Full Stack, CrowdTangle
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
CrowdTangle is a social discovery and analytics platform that was acquired by Facebook in late 2016. It is a free platform used by thousands of the world's most influential publishers to discover stories, benchmark against competitors and identify influencers. In this role, you will be part of a small, entrepreneurial tech team that has lots of leadership and opportunities for learning. You will be a part of a tight-knit group consisting of engineers and partner-facing roles, so you get to see the whole product pipeline and have immediate impact. We work with major news, sports and entertainment organizations across the world; media and publishing are changing, and you will get to help be a part of the future.
- Work with product team to design, build, and maintain front-end and back-end systems, as well as databases.
- Interact positively with non-tech teammates, both in-person and remotely, to develop and refine great ideas and communicate issues.
- Participate in design discussions, testing, and code reviews.
- Identify and communicate best engineering practices.
- Assert opinions and defer to teammates where appropriate.
- Learn quickly and move fast.
- Experience communicating in English.
- Experience building web applications.
- Experience with database tools and languages (SQL, key-value stores, etc.).
- Experience thinking, planning, and executing autonomously and as part of a team.
- Experience working with cross-functional team members.
- Experience working with front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, etc.) or tools (SASS, Node.js, etc.).
- Experience with data at scale.
- Experience managing and deploying development/staging/production applications.
- Critical-thinking skills.
Back to top