Partner Engineer, Connectivity
Internet.org is a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Making the Internet available to every person on earth is a goal too large and too important for any one company, group, or government to solve alone. Internet.org's partners have come together to meet this challenge because they believe in the power of a connected world. This role is an opportunity to be part of this initiative by working with Network Infrastructure Companies and Internet Service Providers, delivering affordable Internet service to the unconnected in rural and urban areas. As a Partner Engineer you will handle the technical relationship with Internet Service Providers based in rural areas worldwide, and work closely with the Facebook account managers to draft the partnership roadmap to provide affordable and reliable Internet access. This is a full-time position based in Sao Paulo.
PARTNER ENGINEER, CONNECTIVITY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deeply understand the various Facebook platforms and underlying implementation Help our partners to launch the internet.org service in their networks
- Manage the technical relationship with the ISP partners, provide technical support and handle service outages
- Drive partner requirements, bugs and feature requests with Product and Engineering
- Help our partners to leverage modern cloud infrastructure as a deployment platform for mission-critical network services
- Write documentation, samples, and other materials to share with the broader Facebook developer community
- Previous experience (6+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer
- Good understanding on core networking (OSI Model)
- Good understanding of modern large-scale internet service architectures (load balancing, LAMP stack, CDNs), even if you haven't worked on one
- Deep hands-on experience of Linux/UNIX systems, Internet protocol stack, system administration, deployment automation
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in communicating with technical and business audiences.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Willingness to travel
- Understanding of mobile network infrastructure and internet networking is a plus
- Good understanding of different wireless technologies (2G/3G/4G/5G and WIFI) and Telco
- Good understanding on access networks (air interface, backhaul)
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Director of Mobile & Connectivity Programs, APAC
- Head of Gaming Creators, Latam
São Paulo, Brazil
- Operations Manager, Media Community Development
Los Angeles, CA
- Solutions Architect, Workplace
São Paulo, Brazil
- Strategic Partner Manager, Sports Partnerships
Singapore + 1 More
- Technical Account Manager, Media Partnerships
São Paulo, Brazil
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top