Partner Engineer, Connectivity
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Internet.org is a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Making the Internet available to every person on earth is a goal too large and too important for any one company, group, or government to solve alone. This role is an opportunity to be part of this initiative by working with global operators on creating new business models to bring affordable Internet to the unconnected. Our team's mission is to re-imagine the traditional approach to building, managing, deploying and planning mobile Infrastructure, so that we can connect the un-connected to the internet. Re-imagine the way mobile networks are deployed, replacing the cumbersome 3GPP with a modern, SDN, cloud-based approach that brings in the required flexibility to scaling networks, especially in rural areas. Apart from this, we are developing solutions to enable new ways of building and planning out the infrastructure. From efficient low cost mobile access points (configurable as 2G or 4G base station) to community cellular portals, we develop the future of mobile access in our team. Our long-term goals are set in terms of bringing un-connected people online and improving connectivity for under-connected people. Partner Engineering is a highly technical team that works with our strategic partners to integrate Facebook solutions into their mobile platforms and infrastructure. In this role, you will engage with some of the world's most influential companies and work closely with our world-class engineering and product teams. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical and business skills to make our partners successful and improve our solutions. This position will be based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage technical integrations with Mobile Operators realizing and optimizing the mobile user experience, including planning, specification, implementation, testing and roll-out of the integration.
- Communicate partner needs to the Facebook product team to improve people's experiences with our solutions.
- Work with Facebook Growth and Infrastructure team in creating and executing new programs with operators worldwide to increase Facebook accessibility and engagement.
- Customize Facebook solutions without too much fragmentation and analyze possible improvements in the deployments.
- Provide support for third party vendor integrations, test plans and deployments by interfacing with MNO, OEM, SI and OC LTE through lab integrations.
- Drive roadmaps and product implementations together with the Facebook and engineering team while maintaining a broader view of Operator's requirements and the market needs.
- Troubleshoot partners technical issues in real-time in cooperation with their engineering and 2nd level operations teams and work with internal technical teams on resolving those issues.
- Provide expertise on eNB debugging, interfacing with vendors for technical roadmap based on MNO requirements.
- Support EPC development and maintenance.
- Support Facebook product team on LTE specs and implementation.
- Collaborate in RFI discussions with SIs for SI selection, OC LTE IOT and field deployment.
- Help scale programs by writing white papers, documentations, samples and other materials that can be used by Operators for integrating with Facebook infrastructure.
- Ability to travel to different countries approximately 30% of the time.
- 3+ years of experience as a Solutions Engineer, Technical Sales Consultant or Partner/Sales Engineer in the telecommunications space
- Knowledge of Operator's infrastructure, capabilities and network protocols, especially packet core infrastructure (2G/3G and 4G), Radio Access Network, and BSS infrastructures for provisioning and charging (online/offline charging, mediation) 3GPP
- Proven track record of creating technical documentation, case studies and white papers
- Experience with IT infrastructures (distributed, high available real-time infrastructures) and network protocols on different layers (OSI layer model - IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, HTTP, SMPP, GTP, Diameter, MAP, CAMEL)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with any of the following (Python, C, YAML or Shell)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent degree/experience
- Experience with coding and scripting
- Knowledge of different data exchange formats, protocols and common telecom infrastructure APIs in general
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top