Partner Engineer - Clients (Carrier Preloads)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Carrier Preloads Partner Engineer will bring their deep understanding of the Android platform to lead all preload efforts globally for our mobile carrier partners. They will work closely with the partners, partner managers, operations folk and product team, ensuring an efficient workflow and effective communication for the preload program. They are expected to be the in-house experts on Android platform and upcoming developments, which they will use to guide and support the product and business development team. They will need to be build and support some of our apps, experiences, data dashboards and tools as and when needed. They will be expected to interface directly with external partners and their technical teams for presentations, follow-ups and in person meetings. This role will be located in the Facebook Menlo Park headquarters and will involve travel.
- Be the technical expert on our Preloads program and lead all of our global carrier partners to successfully preload our apps on their devices.
- Build strong relationships with the global carrier partners and their technical teams in order to ensure ongoing success for our preloads initiative.
- Work closely with Facebook's product and engineering teams to ensure the right products are built to conform to the preload needs of partners.
- Conduct bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly meetings with partners to track upcoming/released devices and device compliance (based on internal dash boards).
- Build internal tools and data science dashboards for carrier preloads.
- Work with the partner to receive financial information and then work with internal finance team to get respective financial entities generated and on-boarded.
- Work with internal teams to generate invoices/payment reports and provide them to partners.
- Conduct the pre-sales technical sessions for new/renewal partners.
- Willingness to travel 10-15% of the time.
- 4+ years of industry experience - software engineering, technical consultancy, partner/sales/solutions engineering.
- Experience with Android development and mobile technology stack or AOSP (Android Open Source Project).
- Experience working independently across cross-functional teams (technical and non-technical).
- Experience with Git and knowledge of Mercurial.
- Experience with command line, Unix/Linux environments and working toolchain knowledge.
- Experience presenting to technical audiences.
- Experience with building and maintaining data dashboards.
- Experience in the telecom space (OEMs, Carriers etc.).
- Experience with execution and familiarity with setting up cross-functional efficient processes.
- Familiarity with the android preload model and its product development lifecycle.
- Experience in Portuguese/Spanish.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top