Partner Engineer, Central Systems and Tools
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Partner Engineering Central Systems & Tools Team is looking for Builders. Our customers are Facebookâ€™s employees within the Partnerships Org where we build, maintain, and support the systems they rely on to keep the business efficient, effective, and growing. We use a combination of open source, off-the-shelf technologies, and custom development â€" you will be architecting our future based on Facebook's unique and ever-changing needs. Part of your role will be understanding how to effectively collaborate with other orgs across Facebook to leverage existing systems and data stores. You will be integral to the success of Facebook Partnerships and Facebook more generally, working cross-functionally, and across multiple business units, to ensure we're empowering our people to drive value to our partners' businesses.
- Drive operational rigor within Facebook Partnerships Organization by building, integrating, and scaling tools and software to unlock our org's ability to understand where we can drive value to our partners
- Combine open-source and commercial technologies to build services that will have an impact on the business
- Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse operating systems and applications, and make them work well together
- Find ways to leverage the scale and complexity of the larger facebook.com infrastructure to solve problems across the Partnerships Org
- Own and maintain existing and new systems to ensure they're keeping up with the needs of Facebook's business and the needs of our internal teams
- Produce systems that are scalable, automated, and well-documented in order to scale our impact to new team members
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience coding in at least one of the following languages: PHP, Ruby, Python
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of applications such as Apache, Oracle, MySQL, and Salesforce
- Experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products
- Experience building cross-functional partnership within and out of the Partnerships Organization
Back to top