Partner Engineer, Carriers
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Internet.org is a global initiative dedicated to making affordable Internet access available to the two thirds of the world not yet connected. Making the Internet available to every person on earth is a goal too large and too important for any one company, group, or government to solve alone. Internet.org's partners have come together to meet this challenge because they believe in the power of a connected world. This role is an opportunity to be part of this initiative by working with global operators on creating new business models to bring affordable Internet to the unconnected.
As a Partner Engineer you will work closely with the Facebook account managers throughout APAC handling the technical relationships with mobile operators and content providers and collaboratively draft the partnership roadmaps to provide hundreds of millions of people with affordable and reliable mobile internet access.
You will work with various mobile operators to create special pricing campaigns, customize Facebook products/platforms to their requirements, do deployments and testing and provide ongoing support. You will also work with the Infrastructure team to analyse and resolve the issues reported by Operators and evaluate possible improvements in the infrastructure deployments. The role is based out of our Singapore office and works with our strategic mobile partners including Mobile Operators to integrate affordable basic Internet services including Facebook into their mobile offerings.
The integration between Facebook infrastructure and Operator networks will allow for tariff segmentation and new business models for affordable Internet whilst driving new features in collaboration with Facebook product teams.
- Manage technical integrations with Mobile Operators realising and optimising the Facebook mobile user experience. This includes planning, specification, implementation, testing and roll-out of the integration
- Plan and specify the integrations
- Communicate partner needs to the Facebook product team to improve people's experiences with our products
- Work with Facebook Growth and infrastructure team in creating and executing new programs with operators worldwide to increase Facebook accessibility and engagement
- Customize Facebook products without too much fragmentation Test, deploy and provide ongoing support
- Drive roadmaps and implementations together with the Facebook product and engineering team while maintaining a broader view of Operator's requirements and the market needs
- Troubleshoot partners technical issues in real-time in cooperation with their engineering and 2nd level operations teams and work with internal technical teams on resolving those issues
- Help scale programs by writing white papers, documentations, samples and other materials that can be used by Operators for integrating with Facebook infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience as a solutions engineer, software engineer or partner/sales engineer in the telecommunications space
- Understanding of Operator's infrastructure, capabilities and network protocols, especially packet core infrastructure (2G/3G and 4G), service (VAS) infrastructures, BSS infrastructures for provisioning and charging (online/offline charging, mediation)
- Advanced knowledge in packet core features (PCRF, DPI)
- Ability to travel to different APAC countries up to 50% of the time
- Understanding of IT infrastructures (distributed, high available real-time infrastructures) and network protocols on different layers (OSI layer model - IP, TCP, UDP, SCTP, HTTP, SMPP, GTP, Diameter, MAP, CAMEL)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux environment
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent degree/experience
- Good knowledge of different data exchange formats, protocols and common telecom infrastructure APIs in general
Back to top