Partner Engineer - Business Platform Partnerships
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Partner Engineering is a highly technical front-line team within Facebook's Business Platform Partnerships organization, focused on introducing and scaling of new products in the Marketplace, Payments, Workplace by Facebook and Games verticals.In this role, you will engage with some of the world's most influential companies in gaming, enterprise and commerce, partnering closely with our world-class engineering, product and business teams to foster adoption, development and growth of Facebook products and services.
In this role, you will use your ability to rapidly onboard and master new products and technologies to identify opportunities to engage and enable the right partners for early product adoption, operating in a mixed business-technical environment.
We are also looking for someone who can represent Facebook at developer events and conferences, deliver technical training and contribute to developer documentation and sample material. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical skills as well as face to face business skills and is comfortable operating in highly dynamic environment.
This position is full time and is based in our Singapore office.
- Deeply understand the platform architecture and product offering for developers across web and mobile
- Own technical business relationships with key partners
- Debug and analyze complex technical issues as they arise from partners or as part of new product launches
- Contribute feedback for innovative solutions to help nurture a healthy developer ecosystem
- Develop prototypes for tools and services that will help developers succeed
- Manage platform feature launches and beta testing process
- Write sample apps and develop best practices to help developers and partners integrating with Facebook
- Developer outreach through conferences, webinars, hackathons and direct interactions.
- Collaborate effectively in diverse, cross-functional teams across the globe
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree or work experience required
- Previous experience (minimum 5 years) as a software engineer, technical consultant, partner/sales engineer is required.
- Deep understanding of the current web and/or mobile technology stacks required (e.g. REST APIs, app analytics solutions, etc.)
- Experience developing e-commerce or financial services platforms or solutions is a plus
- Existing experience with building Facebook apps or games, integrating Facebook API (e.g. Login, Analytics, Messenger, Live API) or comparable cloud APIs a plus.
- Fluency in Thai or Vietnamese language a plus, as is work or business experience in South-East Asian Countries
- Experience speaking to large technical and business audiences a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel ~15% of the time required.
- Successful candidates will complete Facebook's 6-week engineering bootcamp in Menlo Park, US
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top