Paralegal - Oculus
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus seeks an experienced and highly motivated team player to join as Paralegal. This position is a technology generalist role and could involve managing and supporting projects across the range of legal areas handled by the Oculus legal team, including: marketing, contracts management, intellectual property, product and privacy. The position will support a range of products and requires working with legal, engineering and business stakeholders across the company. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on interesting issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. The position is based in Menlo Park.
- Coordinate and manage content review process on marketing, advertising, sales and promotional materials to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable legal requirements
- Working with the business clients to help finalize details of promotions, sponsorships, licensing, production services, consignment arrangements, artist services and other types of transactions, and preparing initial drafts of contracts to accurately and thoroughly document such deals.
- Support contracts and rights management for Oculus, including management of forms and record keeping with respect to NDAs and commercial agreements.
- Help negotiate NDAs and contracts where appropriate.
- Conducting legal and business research, often in regulatory and legislative environments.
- Assisting up to in-house attorneys with general legal work, including research and preparation, organization, and handling of documents and materials.
- Manage law firm relationships and billing.
- Support and manage other projects within the legal department as they arise.
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in the areas of legal project management or legal operations in house or at a law firm. Technology company experience preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing legal department programs.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as strong communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a proven track record of building relationships.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking.
- Ability to move seamlessly and effortlessly between projects spanning multiple stakeholders and subject matters.
- Demonstrated capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and wherewithal to take on projects involving unfamiliar subject matters.
- Good sense of humor.
- Some travel may be required.
Back to top