The mission of the Oculus Product Design Engineering team is to develop and launch world-class hardware that enables next-generation VR experiences. We work closely with a wide array of creative, technical and operations partners as we push the boundaries of what is possible.
As a Packaging Engineer you'll provide engineering support for all packaging development activity for VR hardware across the Oculus portfolio. This includes realizing your packaging concepts through the entire design process, working closely with Industrial Design, Supply Chain and Operations to prototype and deliver packaging solutions.
- Work closely with ID, HW, Ops, and Program Managers to provide engineering support for all packaging development activity.
- Provide engineering evaluation of packaging concepts throughout preliminary design stage. Partner with marketing and ID teams to inform CMF and component level material spec.
- Own engineering development and execution of final packaging design concepts.
- Own DFMEA and develop offline tests/DOE to explore innovation, evaluate manufacturability and support HW builds.
- Assist in directing packaging vendors and internal partners to realize packaging solutions. Champion Oculus quality objectives and ensure adherence to spec.
- Drive package reliability execution. Provide analysis of test results and partner with ID team to develop viable solutions.
- Troubleshoot packaging reliability failures (HW cosmetic, package structure, fit/function). Partner closely with internal teams and suppliers to provide swift resolution.
- Provide on-site support for manufacturing builds across major product launches, owning OK 2 Ship from Packaging vendors to Contract manufacturers.
- Manage Packaging drawings, assembly specs, and documentation.
- Provide cost feasibility, aligning with GSM cost targets.
- Work closely with Package Ops to ensure smooth deployment of packaging structure at FATP.
- Contribute to upstream package development initiatives, providing insight into latest manufacturing and material technologies.
- Assist with on-site package prototyping as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science or other technical field.
- 5+ years in package engineering development or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of shock, vibration, and the effect of temperature variation in product protection and package design.
- Experience in the following manufacturing/material processes: Rigid Box, Paper Pulp Molded Fiber, Thermoforming, Corrugated, Labels, Foam, Shrink Wrap, Films, Adhesives.
- Knowledge of packaging manufacturing, printing, and production processes.
- Knowledge of statistics, process controls and tolerance analysis.
- 2D and 3D CAD capability, (i.e. Siemens NX, SolidWorks).
- Experience in Artios CAD and CAPE/TOPS.
- Knowledge of packaging material characteristic, behavior, and performance.
- Experience delivering world-class packaging solutions for leading consumer electronics brands
- Experience with NX
- Chinese language skills, Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- NX/Teamcenter experience
- Ability to prototype using Zund digital cutter
Back to top