Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As an Opto-Mechanical Engineer at Oculus Research, you will develop state of the art prototype structures, mechanisms, and solutions for next generation near to eye display (NED) and Imaging Systems to create transformative experiences. You will be part of a team exploring new concepts through fast iterative prototyping. The teams will quickly adapt depending on the problem and potentially include electrical, mechanical, optical, firmware, software, and research experts. We want people who work well in teams, can brainstorm big ideas, work in new technology areas, able to drive a concept into a prototype, and can envision how a prototype could transition into a high-volume consumer product. Starting with a broad mechanical engineering background, you are willing to become an expert in new areas and quickly build new prototypes using novel materials, opto-mechanical design, or by integrating structures in new ways. We’re looking for a hands-on builder of opto-mechanical systems that can deal with sub-micron tolerances.
- Lead Mechanical Engineering efforts in a cross-functional team environment.
- Be able to brainstorm new architectures and converge on feasible opto-mechanical designs.
- Build, test, and refine prototypes and/or high precision test fixtures.
- Provide opto-mechanical guidance to greater team of researchers and hardware engineers.
- Push state of the art technologies and approaches to solving complex mechanical problems.
- BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of opto-mechanical engineering experience
- Experience in 3D modeling
- Testing and analysis capability (FEA, Simulation, Zemax, Ray Tracing skills, etc.).
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (Machining, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.).
- Experience in a consumer electronics product environment.
- Experience with Solidworks 3D modeling software
- Design and prototyping of head mounted optics systems.
- Experience setting up optical bench top assemblies including linear and angular adjustments.
- GD&T knowledge and practical application for precision optics or other components.
- Experience with mechanical and optics metrology devices such as CMM, OMM, interferometry.
- Knowledge of optics component mounting, interfaces, and adhesive bonding.
- Familiar with optics manufacturing techniques (glass lens, plastic lens, coatings).
- Knowledge of servo and electro-mechanical systems
- Knowledge of materials and structural modeling/optimization
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top