Optical Systems Integration
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus Hardware team is looking for an Optical Systems Engineer to work on the design, integration and quality validation of optical modules in Oculus VR hardware. The optical team in hardware group is responsible for design and development of optical components and their integration in VR systems. We are looking for a team-oriented, self-driven individual with a strong technical background, and keen and creative aptitude. The candidate is expected to work in a fast-paced environment, and work cross-functionally.
- Create and own optical module specifications and validation plans.
- Work with vendors on optical module DFM, and define the necessary metrology for quality assurance.
- Interface with cross-functional teams (e.g. PD, EE, Rel, etc.) to integrate optical components into systems, and build assembly prototypes.
- Work with automation team to specify test items, and validate optical testers.
- Support both optical component and system engineering builds. Work with suppliers to root-cause and resolve technical issues, by data analysis and onsite trouble-shooting.
- Ability to develop trouble shooting plans/guide.
- Validate performance of optical module relative to the design goals: define characterization goals and methods.
- 3+ years of engineering and related experience, with industrial experience of developing consumer products.
- Demonstrated experience with optical metrology fundamentals in a professional setting.
- Understanding of hardware engineering, testing, characterization, and validation processes.
- Experience with optical test systems: experience performing testing and validation of optical (or equivalent) systems and components.
- Experience in manufacturing processes of high-volume modules.
- Experience in CM and component supplier management on design, validation and reliability qualification of both optical components and module-level during NPI stage.
- Experience with optical simulation tools (e.g. Zemax, Code V etc.).
- Experience with instrumentation and building of testing setups.
- Knowledge of colorimetry and photometry.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience in data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization.
- Communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual, with little supervision.
- Travel to domestic and international manufacturing sites (up to 20%).
- MS or BS in a relevant engineering field (i.e., optics, ME, EE, or physics).
- Prior experience with data analytics tools such as Matlab, C, Minitab or JMP.
- Cleanroom experience and product development experience from design to manufacturing.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top