Optical Scientist (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation near to eye display and imaging systems at our research location in Redmond WA. Primary responsibility is developing optics and related technologies as technology building blocks to enable next generation head mounted display architectures.
- Positions require a combination of education and experience in the research and development of advanced optical components or systems including but not limited to imaging and display systems.
- The goal of this position is to explore optical requirements to create new virtual experiences and advance technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements.
- All members will be expected to support modeling and experimentation with some having more an emphasis in one or the other.
- All will be expected to collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, middleware, and applications).
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related degree.
- Graduating with a PhD by summer 2017, or completing a university postdoctoral assignment
- Knowledge of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, statistics, and polarization.
- Understanding of sources (lasers and LED’s), spatial light modulators, diffractive optics, optical materials, and thin films optics
- Experience in one or more optical design tools such as Zemax, FRED, or ASAP.
- Interpersonal skills – cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- A documented history of increasing responsibilities and decision-making experience.
- Able to obtain work authorization in the US beginning in 2017
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics
- Familiarity with optical metrology tools such as interferometry, image quality testing, etc.
- Background in development of test automation using Labview, Matlab, Mathamatica or another program which enables custom analysis and automation of metrology.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top