Optical Scientist, Nanofabrication
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
We currently seeking an Optical Scientist with expertise in optical characterization for novel near-eye display technology to interface directly with our team of Optical Design staff and Nanofabrication Research staff. The position is a full-time regular position requiring a PhD in physics, optics, material, engineering, or similar. Candidates require practical experience in designing and building custom optical measurement tools for characterization of novel optical elements. Ideally, candidates with experience in fabricating novel optical elements. Candidates must be comfortable working in a cross-functional team. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Deploy custom and commercial optical characterization equipment for optical characterization of near-eye display optical components.
- Develop operational protocols for efficient component assessment
- Document component performance and work with Design and Fabrication teams to understand and address design-to-fab differences.
- Work closely with the Research staff, and engineering staff to design and execute design of experiments.
- Work closely with the Optics team to establish metrology and characterization strategy.
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally to support research initiatives.
- PhD in physics, material science, engineering, or similar fields with a focus on novel optic element characterization.
- Knowledge of optical characterization techniques.
- Knowledgeable in nanofabrication techniques including deposition, etch, and lithography.
- Skills in optical component and structural characterization
- Interpersonal communication skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top