Optical Scientist, Metrology and Test (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation near to eye display and imaging systems at our research location in Redmond, WA. Primary responsibility is developing optics and related technologies as technology building blocks to enable next generation head mounted display architectures.
- Develop testing and metrology capabilities for diverge range of optical parameters both for imaging and non-imaging systems (e.g. luminance, uniformity, color, MTF, stray light)
- All round responsible for test system development including optical design, system and component procurement, and ramp-up.
- Specification and coding of measurement algorithms and software for repeatable and reliable measurements
- Collaborate with the larger research team to support optical design and experimentation with analysis of developed technologies and components
- Knowledge of a broad range of optics including imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, geometric optics, statistics, and polarization.
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics. Basic capabilities in optical design tools such as Zemax, FRED, or ASAP
- Strong hands on experience in laboratory work and in setting up of high quality and reliable optical measurement systems
- Well versed on standard tools and methods for measurement system automation at lab level including LabView and Matlab.
- Knowledge on programming with c/c++ would be a plus
- Familiarity with optical metrology tools such as interferometry or image quality testing
- MS or PhD in Optical Sciences or Physics or related field with multiple years’ experience in applied research and/or product development of advanced optics or photonic systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top