Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
We are currently seeking a full-time Optical Scientist focused on photonics research with an expertise in advanced displays, optical device fabrication, modelling and test. The candidate will have a track record in photonic technology and will work closely with our team of research staff on nanofabrication technology to help develop novel near-eye display technology. Candidates must possess a fundamental understanding of advanced display technologies, device testing, device physics and nano-fabrication.
Specifically, candidates should have experience in FDTD, plasma etching, high resolution lithography, compound semiconductors and exposed to volume production requirements. Having knowledge in the associated metrology and analytic techniques would be advantageous. Candidates with experience in emissive display technology and nanofabrication are encouraged. Candidates must be comfortable working in a cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Design and develop novel display structures for use in advanced near-eye display technology.
- Lead the effort in the fabrication of high resolution structures and advise the broad research teams in new areas to investigate.
- Work closely with the research staff, and lab technicians to execute experimental designs.
- Build collaborative relationships both internally and externally to support research initiatives.
- PhD in photonics, optics, physics, chemical engineering, or similar fields with a focus on device development and characterization, or on nanofabrication.
- At least five years of industry experience.
- Experience in optical modelling, including finite-difference time-domain methods.
- Knowledge of device physics.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in working in optical characterization.
- Experience as lead investigator/team member for which results demonstrated or established subject matter expert demonstrated through publications, patents, and shipped products.
- Experience with test automation and DOE tools such as LabVIEW, MATLAB, JMP or Mathematica.
- Knowledge of sources (lasers and LED's), spatial light modulators, diffractive optics, optical materials and thin film optics.
- Interpersonal communication experience.
- Skills in optical and materials characterization.
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top