Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation consumer electronics, including near to eye display and imaging systems, at our research location in Redmond WA. Primary responsibility is developing optical systems, including sensors and visual optics, and related technologies building blocks to enable next generation architectures.
- Drive development of system requirements to create new virtual experiences, and advance technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements.
- Support modeling and experimentation for next-generation optics and displays
- Engage cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure and applications)
- PhD and/or postdoctoral assignment in the field of Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related degree (or Masters Degree with industry experience also accepted)
- Knowledge of optics including systems design and integration, imaging, illumination, radiometry and photometry, physical and geometric optics, statistics, and polarization
- Understanding of sources (lasers and LED's), spatial light modulators, diffractive optics, optical materials, and thin films optics
- Experience in one or more system optimization and analysis tools, such as Matlab, C++, or Java
- Experience in one or more optical design tools such as Code V, Zemax, or FRED
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics
- Familiarity with optical metrology tools such as interferometry, image quality testing, etc.
- 5+ years of industry experience in Optical Research or Design
- Expertise in optical and sensor system design maturation, including requirement development from physical based modeling, and knowledge of fabrication / vendor processes
- Background in development of test automation using Labview, Matlab, Mathamatica or another program which enables custom analysis and automation of metrology
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top