Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual reality systems. We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation consumer electronics, including near to eye display and imaging systems, at our research location in Redmond WA. Primary responsibility is developing optical systems, including visual optics, sensors, image processing algorithms, and related technologies building blocks to enable next generation architectures. This is a full-time position and requires an advanced degree in optical engineering, physics, or similar, and a strong background in optical system design and innovation.
- Drive development of system requirements to create new virtual experiences, and advance technologies necessary to create product architectures that can deliver these requirements.
- Support modeling and prototyping for next-generation optics and displays
- Support evaluating and characterizing optical elements and image processing algorithms
- Engage cross-functionally with other researchers and engineers in Oculus Research to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, software, integration, infrastructure and applications)
- Collaborate with external groups to advance our research goals
- Advanced degree (Master or equivalent) in the field of Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering
- Experience with optical modeling, and conducting laboratory work (i.e., ability to construct proof-of-concept systems and to evaluate performance)
- Knowledge of optics including systems design and integration, imaging, illumination, polarization optics, adaptive optics, visual optics and color science
- Understanding of light sources (lasers and LED's), spatial light modulators, diffractive optics, optical materials, and thin films optics
- Foundation in hardware prototyping (e.g., bench prototyping, basic electronics, and software system integration)
- Experience with scientific programming languages such as Matlab, Python, Mathematica, or similar
- Experience in one or more optical design tools such as Code V, Zemax, Light Tools or FRED
- Familiarity with optical metrology tools such as interferometry, image quality testing, polarization test, etc.
- Ph.D. Degree in Optics or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated results in the field of optics, such as grants, fellowships, patents, or first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as Applied Optics, Optics Letters, Optics Express, and relevant SIGGRAPH, SID, OSA and SPIE conferences.
- Experience in solving problems in imaging emphasizing hardware prototyping
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top