Optical Product Process Engineer
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Optical Product Process Engineer at Facebook Reality Labs, you will be responsible for productizing manufacturing processes for precision optical components that are core to delivering transformative experiences in Oculus AR and VR products. You will join an agile team that is laser-focused on incubating winning prototypes, establishing new process capabilities with supply-chain partners, and releasing product sub-systems that are fully hardened for high-volume manufacturing (HVM). We want people who work well in teams comprising a wide range of disciplines, who go between brainstorming big ideas and paying relentless attention to critical performance, yield, and integration milestones. Based on a robust engineering background, candidates should have earned their track record of bringing multiple products from concept into HVM.
- Contribute to developing requirements specifications with a focus on maturing manufacturing processes and developing verification tests.
- Demonstrated failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue through FMEA/DFM/DFT/DFX and various DOEs format.
- Drive first article and prototype quantities from suppliers.
- Develop and perform incoming quality control (IQC), Inter-Process Quality Control(IPQC) and Outgoing Quality Control(OQC) as part of quality control.
- Support the integration of components and modules into functional, calibrated sub-systems and development vehicles.
- Bring-up testing infrastructure, develop test/data collection methods & complete design verification with test & supplier quality engineers.
- Data handling & analysis, drive & communication suppliers resources for the improvement of process technologies.
- Author and release manufacturing & test procedures.
- Available to travel domestic/internationally up to 25%.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, or optical engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in prototyping, troubleshooting, and optimizing opto-electronic/opto-mechanical instrumentation, consumer electronics, complex systems.
- Experience developing test fixtures, automated data collection and analysis, optical characterization and metrology.
- Experience in developing consumer products, at least 1 full product life cycle concept to launch.
- 5+ years of hands-on experiences in either camera module integration and assembly or display module process.
- 5+ years of contract manufacturing (CM) or original design manufacturer (ODM) management, quality and process control experiences.
- Master's degree in an engineering discipline.
- 7+ years of experience with a track record of scaling novel manufacturing techniques, processes, and materials.
- Multiple full life cycle product launches.
Back to top