Optical Metrology Engineer (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class VR hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, Oculus is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. VRâ€™s potential to change the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started.
Oculus is looking for a highly self-motivated Optical Metrology Engineer in Hardware Product Development team. The person will lead the development, qualification and implementation of optical metrology technologies for characterizing optical components and modules in Oculus virtual reality (VR) products.
- Define, design and develop optical metrology solutions including hardware engineering, test software implementation, and instrument qualification
- Develop instrumentation to characterize optical components (illumination and imaging optics) and complex optical modules
- Perform opto-mechanical simulation at system level, collect and perform statistical analysis on metrology data to correlate to performance metrics
- Explore novel metrology technologies and work with suppliers on prototype development
- Take complete ownership of transferring metrology technologies from R&D to mass production
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel
- Knowledge of illumination, imaging optics, image quality metrics, optical metrology and characterization
- Experience in opto-mechanical design and simulation using SolidWorks/NX, Zemax/LightTools/FRED
- Experience in test automation (Instrument control, data collection and analysis) using LabView or MATLAB
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Measurement System Analysis
- Experience in statistical data analysis using Minitab or JMP
- Hands-on experience in metrology development from concept to high volume manufacturing
- BS degree in Optical Engineering, Physics or a related technical discipline with 10+ years of experience or advanced degree in Optical Engineering, Physics, or a related technical discipline with 5+ years of experience
- Experience in image processing and algorithm development
- Experience in managing domestic and international vendors
- Familiarity with clean room operation
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top