Optical Engineer, Testing
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside world leading scientists and engineers to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. We are currently seeking an innovative Optical Engineer with experience in testing and debugging of advanced optical systems for near-to-eye display applications. This is a full-time position and requires masters level degree in optical engineering, physics, or similar, and a background in optical systems and characterization methods. Successful candidates must be comfortable working in a dynamic cross-functional team and exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Develop testing and metrology capabilities for broad range of optical parameters for imaging and non-imaging systems.
- Specify instruments and tools for optical measurements of components, sub-assemblies and systems.
- Work with vendors for development and qualification of tools and custom test systems, including statistical analysis controls and methods.
- Work with optical design to create test plans for component and system validation.
- Debug and root cause issues with fabricated components.
- Assess viability in terms of product requirements.
- Knowledge of optical technologies including imaging and illumination systems, photometry, and physical optics
- Knowledge and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics
- Experience with standard optical design tools such as Zemax, FRED, or ASAP
- Hands-on experience in laboratory work and in setting up of high quality optical measurement systems
- Knowledge on standard tools and methods for measurement system automation at lab level including LabVIEW and MATLAB
- MS or PhD in Optical Sciences or Physics or related field with industry experience in applied research and/or product development of advanced optics or photonic systems
- Understanding of designed experiments and related statistical data analysis
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top