Operations Project Manager - ERAD
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Infrastructure Data Center Business Support team leverages operational efficiencies to develop effective solutions that support all aspects of data center operations. One critical pillar of the team’s role is the adherence to and continuous improvement of compliance functions. Our most critical area of compliance is the Data Eradication (ERAD) Program, which ensures that all user data is appropriately handled and eradicated prior to leaving Facebook’s possession. This position will be located in Menlo Park, CA.
- Maintain day-to-day, sustaining ERAD operations. Manage tasks, inventory-related issues, rack/equipment moves, and changes. Monitor storage media levels against defined service level agreement thresholds.
- Become the resident subject matter expert on the internally developed storage media tracking software (platform built on Oracle ADF). Provide project management oversight for software modifications, ensure continued compatibility, and manage integration efforts. Collaborate with software tooling and IT teams on ERAD software enhancements and testing.
- Ensure regional workforce has resources to work effectively
- Run weekly syncs to maintain proactive stance/awareness about issues
- Handle on-boarding/vendor provisioning for new ERAD technicians
- Support equipment needs (handle preventative maintenance and repairs, requests for supplemental items required to maintain operations, conduct market research on latest technology/best solutions for our fleet)
- Update guidance, process flows, policies/procedures on ERAD wiki
- Compile and disseminate bi-weekly reporting
- Coordinate and manage all PoP asset disposal and asset reclaim requests from cross-functional teams. Work closely with vendor to ensure efficient pickups and ERAD compliance.
- Track progress of sample material and hardware sent to vendor for Open Compute Project Hardware development. Report progress of integration into the ERAD process and escalate any issues.
- Manage continuous improvement projects
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices, and prioritize resources in the areas that will deliver the greatest impact
- Conduct business process reengineering reviews to innovate business processes and define ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors/manufacturers to coordinate failure analysis efforts
- Review compliance exception justifications and disposition to right team
- Work with the Data Center and POP teams to understand when and how procedures need to be amended (and how they can continue to be optimized)
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, engineering, computer science, or related field
- 4+ years’ industry project management
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Business analyst background with capabilities in requirement analysis techniques/methodologies
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn new skill sets, and gain an understanding of operational challenges
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with focus under pressure
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Independent and thorough in examination and analysis, along with being consensus-building and results-oriented
- Experience in building relationships and collaborating within a global, cross-functional team
- Organizational and time management skills
- 5-10% Travel required.
- Data center, hardware, and/or server infrastructure experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top