Operations Program Manager - Tooling
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. In order to meet this need, the ISOS team provides Program Management Oversight of critical tools initiatives.We are seeking a strong Program Manager to drive multiple complex, cross-functional and high impact programs within the Data Center Operations.The position is based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Work closely with teams in data centers to understand business problems in the capacity planning and execution phase
- Work with stakeholders to identify and document roadmap/vision for all of the lifecycle tools within the evolving DC ecosystem
- Conduct gap analysis on what tools/processes are missing/required to meet the larger objectives. Identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the program
- Align cross functional stakeholders, both business and engineering teams, on objectives and goals for the program, gather and prioritize requirements
- Define and document the end-to-end business processes used today and identify where and how tooling solutions will aid with streamlining and scaling the process
- Work with the various engineering team OPM's to design and develop a scalable solution that meets the goals and objectives
- Manage expectations of all interested parties – define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates. Use multiple communication channels for providing program updates to various stakeholders. Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Oversee documentation effort with technical writers and engineering teams to ensure key decisions are captured and all necessary documentation for support and troubleshooting are maintained. Document end-to-end business process (workflows) as they are defined throughout the program
- Oversee deployment tasks (tactical cut over activities) as well as training for all support teams
- Drive towards problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Proven project management, inter-personal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Project management experience in building scalable, enterprise tooling initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a focus under pressure
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Organizational and time management skills. Proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to travel (including international travel)
- 2+ years of work experience in managing backlogs, working with scrum teams, managing roadmaps, etc.
- Proven experience in infrastructure automation and tooling domain
- Familiarity with the scrum methodology
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top