Operations Program Manager- Tooling
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. In order to meet this need, the ISOS team provides Program Management Oversight of critical tools initiatives.
- Work with Stakeholders to identify and document roadmap/vision for all of the lifecycle tools within the evolving DC ecosystem.
- Conduct gap analysis on what tools/processes are missing/required to meet the larger objectives.
- Identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the program
- Align cross-functional stakeholders on objectives and goals for the program, gather and prioritize requirements.
- Define and document the end-to-end business processes used today and identify where and how tooling solutions will aid with streamlining and scaling the process
- Work with the various engineering teams to design and develop a scalable solution that meets the goals and objectives
- Oversee a scrum-like development process
- Oversee testing (functional, non-functional, user-acceptance etc)
- Manage expectations of all interested parties – define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates.
- Maintain program status wiki pages and provide frequent program updates.
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Oversee documentation effort with technical writers to ensure key decisions are captured and all necessary documentation for support and troubleshooting are maintained.
- Document end-to-end business process (workflows) as they are defined throughout the program.
- Oversee deployment tasks (tactical cut over activities) as well as training for all support teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, or related field
- 8+ years work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Proven project management, inter-personal, and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Must have project management experience in building scalable, enterprise tooling initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Must be familiar with the scrum methodology
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with focus under pressure
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Organizational and time management skills
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Having worked in datacenter environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top