Operations Program Manager - Services Migrations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. In order to meet this need, the ISOS team provides Program Management Oversight of critical operational initiatives.
We are seeking a passionate Operations Program Manager to plan and manage all activities around services migrations within our Data Centers. This role will be looked at to organize various internal and external components, in order to successfully drive projects to a conclusion. The position is based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Interface with service owners, production engineers, capacity planning and data center teams to define project requirements and scope.
- Manage expectations of all interested parties - define clear projects with key deliverable and milestone dates.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project and program plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide day-to-day coordination for projects and tasks.
- Maintain program status wiki pages in order to provide visibility to stakeholders on progress of the program.
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
- Drive problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, or related field.
- 5+ years work experience in Program Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication experience.
- Program management experience in building enterprise tooling initiatives, defining road-maps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs.
- Experience collaborating with individuals across the organization, in other geographies, and "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish necessary initiatives.
- Experience understanding between business and technology.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational experience.
- Experience being independent in examination and analysis.
- Organizational and time management experience.
- Experience executing on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Back to top