Operations Program Manager - PreOps
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. In order to meet this need, the ISOS team provides program management support of critical tools initiatives. We are looking for a Program Manager to focus on the pre-ops area and help integrate currently disparate process, schedule, and documentation workflows. The right candidate will add structure and consistency to our ecosystem of business critical outputs and dependencies and support our decision making, system of checks & balances, and communication needs with automated tools.
- Work with Stakeholders to identify and document roadmap/vision for all of the lifecycle tools within the evolving DC ecosystem
- Manage all aspects of the program - scoping, success metrics, execution, launch and communication.
- Conduct gap analysis on what tools/processes are missing/required to meet the larger objectives
- Identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the program
- Align cross-functional stakeholders on objectives and goals for the program, gather and prioritize requirements.
- Define and document the end-to-end business processes used today and identify where and how tooling solutions will aid with streamlining and scaling the process
- Work with the various engineering teams to design and develop a scalable solution that meets the goals and objectives
- Oversee a scrum-like development process
- Oversee testing (functional, non-functional, user-acceptance etc.)
- Manage expectations of all interested parties – define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates
- Maintain program status wiki pages and provide frequent program updates
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Oversee documentation effort with technical writers to ensure key decisions are captured and all necessary documentation for support and troubleshooting are maintained
- Document end-to-end business process (workflows) as they are defined throughout the program
- Oversee deployment tasks (tactical cut over activities) as well as training for all support teams
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, or related field
- 6+ years work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Proven project management, inter-personal, and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Must have project management experience in building scalable, enterprise tooling initiatives, defining roadmaps and translating strategic initiatives into tactical, objective programs
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Must be familiar with the scrum methodology
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with focus under pressure
- Organizational and time management skills
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Having worked in data center environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top