Operations Program Manager - Network Deployment & Services
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a program manager with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of network and data center operations. In this role you will work closely with Facebook Data Center Managers, network and software engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and end users to devise technical solutions for business problems and own delivery from concept to creation. The Operations Program Manager will support our global networking team’s deployments and operations. The program will support the growth, management and 24×7 upkeep of Facebook. This position will be located in Menlo Park, CA with domestic and international travel required.
- Manage highly cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, logistics, supply chain, compliance, legal, infrastructure software engineering).
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Conduct business process re-engineering reviews to innovate on business processes and define ways to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Lead/Support all business readiness activities including training, testing and rollout. Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making.
- Drive continual improvement of cost productivity.
- Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter experts within the organization.
- SLA performance: Continuously measure, manage and improve vendor actual performance against negotiated SLA.
- Vendor scorecard management: Lead measuring supplier performance, root causing issues, and driving improved performance (cost, quality and delivery).
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, financial engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Minimum 3 years as a business analyst with expertise in multiple requirement analysis techniques/methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Proven project management, interpersonal and communication skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills and with a focus even under pressure.
- Proven organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented.
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and can work with them in order to accomplish all necessary tasks.
- Cross-functional leadership skills.
- Proven ability to take action and develop solutions to solve technical problems.
- Interpersonal skills including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Networking or data center experience with Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent certification.
- Experience managing service vendors in a critical operational environment.
- Direct experience with business process outsourcing (BPO), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and/or data centers.
- Systems development and deployment experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top