Operations Program Manager - IDC Roadmap/Governance
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. The ISOS team consists of Program Managers who design, implement and continuously evolve the existing Operational Practices of Facebook’s data centers. This team builds processes and tools to allow Facebook to scale.We are seeking a passionate Operations Program Manager to oversee the project intake process and governance process around prioritization and resource assignments. The position is based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA.
- Work with multiple internal and cross functional Stakeholders to identify critical issues and challenges across Infrastructure Data Center organization
- Identify and prioritize key improvement areas within Infra Data Center organization. Align cross-functional stakeholders on objectives and goals for the process improvements, gather and prioritize requirements
- Partner with the Engineering, Business and Program Management teams to align the resources and mobilize the program teams
- Define the long term tooling strategy and vision partnering with Engineering and Data Center teams
- Align, prioritize and document roadmap/vision for programs that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Data Center operations within the constantly evolving DC ecosystem
- Manage expectations of all interested parties – define clear goals with key deliverable and milestone dates. Define the process to actively communicate the status of all the in-flight initiatives. Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Work with various program managers and engineering teams to design and develop scalable solutions that meets the goals and objectives
- Drive towards problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the end solution
- Develop process definition documentation including but not limited to, process description, process maps, process flow diagrams, relationship matrix’s, requirements specifications and key metrics for program success.
- Responsible for examining existing processes, evaluating them within the context of organizational goals and proposing changes or enhancements to help achieve those goals
- Conduct gap analysis on what tools/processes are missing/required to meet the identified larger objectives.
- Responsible for coordinating the activities of individuals and departments involved in a particular process, and ensuring that they are working as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Continuously make suggestions to improve processes in regards to productivity and scale
- Proven track record of defining, modeling and improving processes
- Must have experience establishing and tracking process metrics, as well as a track record of building and improving operational processes and procedures
- Proven project management, inter-personal, time-management and communication skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and a willingness to “roll-up the sleeves” in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- 5+ years work experience in Program/Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in a high-tech operations space
- Travel will be required (including international travel)
- Data center experience
- Product Manufacturing and/or systems engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, or related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top