Operations Program Manager- Global Network Deployment and Network Services
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a program manager with web and enterprise infrastructure environment experience. The Infrastructure Services and Operational Support team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of network and data center operations. In this role you will work closely with Facebook Data Center Managers, network and software engineers, key Infrastructure business stakeholders, and end users to devise technical solutions for business problems and own delivery from concept to creation. The Operations Program Manager will support our global networking team's deployments and operations. The program will support the growth, management and 24x7 upkeep of Facebook and the deployment of emerging network technologies through the Facebook Connectivity Lab. This position will be based in Singapore with international travel required.
- Manage highly cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, logistics, supply chain, compliance, legal, infrastructure software engineering)
- Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made
- Conduct business process re-engineering reviews to innovate on business processes and define ways to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Elicit detailed business requirements by engaging the business to capture clear functional design artifacts using techniques like use cases, data diagrams and process flow diagrams
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Lead/Support all business readiness activities including training, testing and rollout. Work independently with minimal supervision
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Minimum 3 years as a business analyst with expertise in multiple requirement analysis techniques/methodologies
- Experience managing vendor performance
- Networking or data center experience with Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent certification a plus
- Strong systems development and deployment experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets.
- Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Strong organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate attention to detail
- Be independent and thorough in examination and analysis, alongside results oriented
- Ability to collaborate with different individuals across external organizations, within other geographies, and "roll-up the sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Cross-functional leadership skills
- Resourceful, action-orientated with the ability to get things done and overcomeobstacles and develop creative solutions to problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top