Operations Program Manager - Engineering
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Infrastructure Support & Operations Services (ISOS) team designs, implements and continuously evolves systems and processes to support all aspects of the Data Center Operations function. In order to meet this need, the ISOS team provides program management support to critical tooling initiatives. We are looking for a Program Manager with strong core program management skills- understanding the importance of streamlining workflows and building automation, being analytical and detail oriented, having a proven track record of effectively facilitating engineering teams to deliver products. As a Program Manager, you will work with your counterpart development team to define product roadmap, metrics, project plan, and drive rapid development cycle to build world class tooling for helping scale Facebook's infrastructure.
- End-to-end ownership of engineering program activities from product concept to launch
- Collecting business requirements from key stakeholders and converting them to technical requirements and managing their prioritization with engineering teams
- Make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-release, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams
- Develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Oversee documentation effort with technical writers to ensure all necessary documentation for how to, support and troubleshooting tools are created & maintained
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Proven experience of product cycle, either functioning as a program/product manager or as a software engineer
- Communication skills: ability to influence stakeholders and engineers
- Technical skills: ability to quickly adapt to new technology and participate in design discussions
- Cross-group collaboration skills: end to end coordination
- Experience and passion for designing engaging user experiences
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top