Operations Program Manager - Emerging Technology
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Program Manager to manage and support our Infrastructure Data Center (IDC) team in identifying and integrating new technology to evolve operations at our global data centers. The specific role is intended to provide both strategic guidance and tactical management to an effort to optimize operations at our DCs specific to touchless asset management, inventory management and operations. The effort will involve exploring new and emerging technologies, driving technology evaluation, making recommendations on technology combinations and execute projects to make tangible impacts on Infrastructure operations. We are seeking someone that can effectively interface to status the effort, technical SMEs on technology evaluation, and DC staff globally on technology integration.
If you think about technology as a way to increase efficiency and change how business operates and are an expert executor then you are the ideal candidate for this position. We are looking for someone that wants to partner across teams within IDC to tackle complex problems head on and build platforms that will position our Infra team to scale DC operations. The position is ideally based in our main office in Menlo Park, CA though we can consider other locations within the same time zone for the ideal candidate. The position will require up to 25% travel primarily to our labs in the west coast, but potentially to any of our global Data Centers or co-location sites.
- Staying abreast of current and emerging technologies being leveraged to support operations, maintenance, and inventory/asset management
- Accountable for technology projects from concept to production at a global scale
- Accountable to identify, understand, and solve complex problems
- Managing a portfolio of technology at varying levels of maturity
- Conduct technology evaluations accounting for multiple evaluation criteria (e.g. cost, performance, etc.) to best meet our needs in a methodical and efficient manner
- Work closely across cross-functional Infrastructure teams to understand requirements, mitigate delivery risk
- Research and data analysis may be required to identify and select optimal technology solutions
- Champion and provide oversight for related technology evaluation and insertion initiatives during the delivery process and support project management activities (e.g. run weekly syncs, set agendas, plan and execute against a project schedule, capture/post meeting minutes, track budgets, and track open action items to closure)
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phase
- Manage expectations of all interested parties - define clear program with key deliverable and milestone dates
- Use multiple communication channels for providing program updates to various stakeholders
- Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program
- Foster a culture of data driven decision making
- Drive towards problem resolution despite ambiguity or uncertainty
- Build relationships, gain consensus, remove tension/roadblocks and focus on the solution
- Collect, analyze, and present data (e.g. performance metrics) to enable informed decisions
- Able to travel (including international travel)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- 6+ years work experience in Technical Project/Product Management to include developing and executing against strategic initiative roadmaps, process improvement/automation
- 2+ years experience leading technology evaluations (hardware or software)
- 1+ years experience with process or technology integration at a global scale
- Experience with any of the following inventory/asset management technologies: RFID, robotics, computer vision, AI, and/or Bluetooth
- Proven risk management, inter-personal, and communication experience
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners across an organization and geographies
- Experience in Microsoft Office including Visio, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Word
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top