Operations Program Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is dedicated to research and development required to deliver Facebook's vision of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) experiences that ship in five to ten years. FRL's Brain-Computer Interface, or BCI, team is developing a non-invasive system to enable anyone to use their brain to interact with devices. As an Operations Program Manager, you will support our team with budgets, contracts, operations, research study coordination, and vendor supply chain management. You will be supporting FRL's Brain-Computer Interface team and Facebook Open Research and Transparency team.
- Manage the execution of contracts and purchase orders, diligently tracking progress, following up with approvers, and communicating status to stakeholders. This includes contracts and orders for services (research or engineering work) and goods (equipment, hardware components, or software).
- Track budget.
- Reconcile invoices with budget and resolve payment and invoicing issues.
- Plan and schedule meetings and events with internal and external teams.
- Assist in the logistics and operations of research studies and the recruitment and scheduling of research study participants.
- Structure, manage and maintain information/document repositories, ensuring that the information the team needs is complete, current, accurate, and easy to find.
- Ensure the smooth processing of multi-party contracts, working with external stakeholders to ensure they understand our processes and their current status.
- Collaborate, coordinate, communicate, and maintain relationships with people across the entire internal and external cross-functional teams, including research, engineering, legal, finance, procurement, operations, program management, suppliers, etc.
- Bachelor's degree, or an Associate's degree with 3+ years experience as an Operations Program Manager, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, or related role.
- 2+ years of experience managing budgets and contracts.
- Experience managing vendors and external suppliers.
- Proven communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and multitasking skills, with attention to detail.
- Proactive, diligent, persistent, and resourceful.
- Proficient with spreadsheets.
- Experience with vendor supply chain management and hardware procurement.
- Experience in research/academic environments.
Back to top