Operations Manager, Workplace (APAC)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Operations Manager / Program Manager to join the Workplace team and help drive business planning, go-to-market strategy and operational execution for the Workplace business. The Operations Manager / Program Manager will partner with cross-functional teams (including sales, partnerships, marketing, finance, product and engineering), with the primary objective of enabling Workplace’s leadership to make effective, analytically driven, and strategic operating decisions. The role will entail leading business planning and insights, operating cadence (rhythm of the business) and strategic projects to drive scalable revenue growth and operational effectiveness in the Workplace organization. The role will be part of the Workplace Operations team, with a particular focus on the Asia-Pacific region while being involved in or leading global initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook, have a proven track record of operational leadership in a cross-functional environment, a strategic thinker who can drive for results, and able to move fast while keeping focused on high impact projects. This is a full-time position and is located in our Singapore office.
- Business and strategic planning
- Support senior management in strategic, operational and financial planning and ensure decisions in line with overall Facebook approach and goals
- Ensure we have strong plans and KPIs in place at a regional and market/vertical level
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies, e.g. for new markets, products or verticals, org restructuring and design
- Provide business analytic strength to help drive initiatives critical to ongoing growth
- Lead sophisticated research and analysis (e.g. revenue, customer, market and competitive trends and insights) for senior leadership to support decision-making
- Operating rhythm
- Lead operational reviews and rhythm of the business to drive decision-making and review progress on regional goals and priorities (e.g. monthly/quarterly business reviews)
- Lead core sales operations processes for the team, including quarterly and annual goal setting
- Drive key leadership meetings and facilitate alignment on key issues and opportunities
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and represent the Workplace team with Cross-Functional teams
- Strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives for the Workplace team, partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization
- Lead/facilitate cross functional teams to get work done, driving recommendations through to implementation
- Drive operational excellence through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business
- Partner with senior leaders and HR on Organizational Effectiveness
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering or other relevant / quantitative disciplines from a leading university, MBA a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in strategic planning, sales operations and /or business operations, preferably in the technology / internet space. Experience in enterprise software / SaaS strongly preferred
- Experience leading strategy, operations and process improvement projects at a leading consulting firm or in a relevant strategy/operations team. Change management experience a plus
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, ability to solve complex and diverse business problems (commercial, operational, organizational), and to drive projects from strategy to execution
- Able to develop or oversee advanced quantitative analysis and derive actionable insights
- Strong leadership and influencing skills – Able to lead / influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrable experience working cross-functionally with leadership in developing and executing successful plans
- Results and detail oriented, with strong commercial/business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience in / understanding of APAC markets a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top