Operations Manager - Infrastructure, Enterprise, Security
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Facebook's success. We have a world-class team working together to help drive our ambitions and scale to the next level. We are looking for an Operations Manager to work at the intersection of project management, communications and knowledge management to help drive recruiting initiatives and process improvements across our recruiting function.
This is a new role within our Infrastructure, Enterprise, Security (IES) Recruiting team and will be a core member of the recruiting leadership team and manage a small team of Project Managers. He/she will report to the Global Recruiting Director for our IES Recruiting Organization. This includes development of refreshed recruiting strategies, mapping of processes and improved communications to help identify opportunities for efficiency, change management, learning & development opportunities, tools adoption and training, and enhancement of knowledge management across the team.
- Project and Process Management:
- -Drive process improvements within recruiting: Work with our IES Organizations to optimize and execute our recruiting strategies and process improvements.
- -Establish project plans and strategic planning templates to achieve the desired business outcomes, providing a centralized view across the recruiting team.
- -Assist with escalated issues on priorities, goals, strategies, resources and key initiatives as relate to IES.
- -Coordinate Recruiting tools development and management by representing our team's needs with People Operations and engineering teams for internal tools.
- -Partner with Recruiting Insights team to utilize data to create priorities and strategies.
- -Streamline internal communication strategies and channels for IES Recruiting.
- -Coordinate with the Recruiting Programs and Operations Team members to develop and implement global internal communication strategies, messages, tools and cascade mechanisms.
- -Prepare presentations for delivery to specific audiences, e.g., monthly updates, leadership monthly recruiting updates and business updates.
- -Develop and execute recruiting knowledge sharing processes and procedures, including content management through our internal channels (e.g. Recruiting WIKI content, team tribes, meetings, etc.).
- -Act as a resource and subject matter expert for knowledge sharing best practices, leveraging other internal and external resources.
- Develop, manage, and implement an educational program to improve interviewer capabilities tailored to each business area.
- -Hiring, on-boarding, and training of new Project Managers.
- -Providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of the team.
- -Ensuring your team is managing projects/programs and hitting key milestones and metrics.
- 10+ years of project management experience with focus on Recruiting, HR or Operations.
- 8+ years of strategic planning or consulting experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading team.
- Experience using MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio or other process mapping software).
- Experience with business process management, workflow, change management, and life cycle management.
- Cross-functional communication and interpersonal experience.
- Experience in high tech global environment.
- PMP and Six Sigma certification and/or relative project management/process improvement experience.
- Experience working cross-functionally and holding people accountable for deliverables without a formal reporting structure.
- Experience working independently with minimum supervision and leading multiple projects simultaneously involving various groups/locations/vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with ambiguity.
- Strong understanding of data management and analytics principles.
- Strong presentation and data summarization skills.
Back to top