Operations Manager, Data Center Connectivity
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our Data Center Connectivity (DCC) team. The team is responsible for delivering physical layer connectivity at Facebook owned and leased data centers, encompassing design, build, run operations, and retrofits. The successful candidate will provide leadership and oversight to a team of program managers, project specialists, and cost and controls managers responsible for assuring DCC deliveries are delivered to high quality, on time, and within budget. The Operations Manager will work closely with our partners to develop end-to-end timelines, budgets, and delivery metrics; to proactively identify and mitigate risks; and to deliver projects to plan. The leader is responsible for scaling our operations team; developing operational and leadership talent; driving high impact tools and processes; and coordinating effectively and transparently with partners and stakeholders. This position is full-time and is based in our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.
- Lead the Data Center Connectivity operations team, delivering program management and project controls to all DCC cabling projects and operations, and scaling the org through innovative processes and tools
- Build a high performing team, with emphasis on mentoring and developing operations leaders and individual contributors within DCC and across the Infra Data Center organization
- Provide leadership to effectively collaborate with and influence organizations that connect with DCC, including construction, technical program management, and sourcing teams. Establish crisp hand-offs between teams.
- Deliver program management and project controls solutions that assure complex data center build and retrofit projects are executed on time and in budget
- With software tooling and adjacent teams, deliver tools & streamlined processes that scale program management and controls operations within DCC and across IDC
- Develop and communicate operations roadmaps, goals, and objectives. Drive best practices through crisp processes, documentation, and training materials.
- With Infrastructure leadership, establish Key Performance Indicators and performance targets for builds as well as sustaining operations. Consistently deliver to these targets.
- Highlight opportunities for significant operational improvements and lead high impact, cross-functional initiatives with measurable results
- Identify and respond to high-priority issues rapidly and effectively
- Travel 20+% to review projects and coordinate with onsite personnel and contractors at project locations
- Bachelor's degree
- 15+ years professional experience in a leadership role
- Experienced in program management, team building, and leadership development
- Experience overseeing timelines and budgets for projects
- Ability to engage, influence, and lead stakeholders
- Problem-solving skills, thrive in a fast paced, hands-on work environment, and experience leading projects
- Knowledgeable with MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in mission critical environments
- Experience with data centers and construction
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top