Operations Engineering, Intern
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an engineering Intern to join our Operations Engineering team. Our data centers (OCP), connectivity labs (internet.org), and mobile (telecominfraproject.com) programs are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and how Facebook connects the world. The intern will work closely with our hardware design, release to production, supply chain, and contract manufacturing teams to design automation, analyze data, and enable Facebook's products to scale. This position is located in our Menlo Park office.
- Design software systems and platforms to ensure the quality of hardware deployed in Facebook's data centers and field trials.
- Provision, image, and perform system administration on manufacturing infrastructure equipment and devices under test.
- Design, manufacture, and deploy electrical and/or mechanical automation to enable design teams and manufacturing partners in assembling and test products.
- Analyze quality data, test methodologies, and assembly processes. Develop and publish analytics dashboards and communicate findings to team members.
- Drive manufacturing partners to build, test, and deliver quality hardware.
- Document findings and standardize new methods and processes.
- A BS or MS in electrical or computer engineering.
- Experience working in the linux operating environment. Linux systems administration experience is a plus.
- Object oriented programming experience in languages such as Python, C++, or JAVA.
- Experience in data analysis and familiarity with statistical analysis tools such as JMP or MiniTab.
- Strong trouble shooting and analytic skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with the manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the United States in 2018
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top