Online Safety Investigations Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Online Safety Team within Facebook Information Security analyzes current trends in user safety, investigates cases, and develops solutions to mitigate future risk. The team is looking for an experienced people manager, with deep online investigations experience. Our ideal candidate excels at managing high-performing teams and has a passion for investigation and analysis, cybercrime, and problem solving. This is a cross-functional role that works closely with Operations, Engineering, Policy, and External Outreach teams. The position will be based in Menlo Park, California.
- Manage team of high-performing investigators leading complex, high-profile investigations into threats to online safety investigations
- Provide career development opportunities for team members and create solutions that will allow team to scale
- Identify and apply investigative best practices within and across teams
- Identify new data sources and solutions that increase the team's ability to solve cases
- Find opportunities to improve investigative efficiency, balancing reactive cases with longer term proactive case building
- Conduct, assist and supervise online investigations to identify sources of abusive behavior and summarize information to internal teams
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, facilitating improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team and mitigate future risk
- Build strong relationships with internal partners including Operations, Engineering, Policy, Legal and External Outreach teams in order to identify and facilitate solutions that increase user safety
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Security
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including hands-on ability to conduct thorough online investigations and proven ability to contribute at both strategic and operational levels
- Seasoned leader with 4+ years of management experience and a demonstrated ability to recruit and manage investigations teams, including performance management
- Must be able to effectively develop and communicate investigative cases and disruption or enforcement strategies
- Must have an understanding of the online criminal ecosystem, common tools and tactics and be experienced at identifying and attributing criminals
- Must be able to translate highly technical concepts into language that is meaningful to many audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders and external security community members and press
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top