Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our Data Centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly growing infrastructure efficiently operates and our innovative services are delivered. Serving over a billion people and with more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization. Facebook is seeking an Oi Engineer to join our Data Center Operations team.
The Oi Engineer is responsible for influencing new data center hardware design, integration, tooling & automation readiness for adherence to our data center best practices. This candidate must possess communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills, plus operations management and analytical skills. This role will interact with individuals of all levels and requires a dedicated professional to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders on the full life cycle of new Facebook designed hardware entering and exiting our Data Centers. The ideal candidate has either developed hardware products for enterprise and/or data center applications, hardware manufacturing experience, or experience supporting server or network equipment in a data center environment. They will use those skills to influence the design of Facebook's future compute, storage and networking products. If you have a strong appetite for technology and enjoy working in small, agile, empowered teams solving complex problems within a high energy, oftentimes chaotic environment then this is the role for you.
This position is full-time with domestic and international travel required.
- Become conversant in the Facebook hardware design road map and able to communicate planned changes to the broader Data Center Operations organization
- Become conversant in Facebook data center operations and able to communicate operational requirements
- Assess the impact of design changes and evaluate against the project schedule and operational requirements
- Work with internal teams to institutionalize Data Center Operations requirements to their evaluation and preparation of new hardware
- Drive identification, assessment, and execution of ongoing process improvement opportunities for the benefit of equipment reliability, serviceability, and operations productivity
- Engage in larger cross-functional programs from requirements gathering to creating program plans from implementing pilots to support testing, systems integration or data center enhancements
- Create and communicate mid to long term strategy for improving data center operability, trend analysis, issue resolution, and compile ongoing service metrics for review with peer teams or suppliers
- BS or BA in engineering or physics, or equivalent technical work experience
- 5+ years of experience in product design, new product introduction (NPI), product engineering, manufacturing engineering, or manufacturing test of compute, storage or networking equipment
- Communication experience in influencing cross-functional teams
- Technical experience with server and storage architecture and components, hardware troubleshooting and diagnosis, and/or hardware manufacturing
- Experience working in, and training in a cross-cultural environment with remote teams
- Experience with large-scale server installations and maintenance
- Familiar with Linux operating system and utilities
- Understanding of or experience in high volume equipment manufacturing
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Yumeng T.Research Scientist
Yumeng spends her days working with machine learning models for search products and completing product-level coding projects.
Back to top