Oculus Research Software Tech Lead/Manager
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is a world leader in virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers, hardware engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal.We are seeking a software engineer with a deep C++ skillset and a passion for working on breakthrough new technology. You love solving novel problems from first principles. You're always on the lookout for better, faster and smaller solutions. You enjoy working at all levels of the software stack, from device drivers to operating systems, core libraries to user experiences. You have the experience and talent for managing other software engineers. You enjoy mentoring, coaching, providing feedback and making people better. At Oculus Research, you'll build cutting-edge research prototypes that explore the future of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). Join a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology.
- Analyze, design, develop and debug real-time VR and AR software for advanced prototypes and user experiences.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple scientific and engineering disciplines, making the architectural tradeoffs required to rapidly deliver software solutions
- Develop software for a variety of consumer devices, including novel sensing systems, tracking systems, imaging systems and haptic devices
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency
- Manage a small team of up to six software engineers working on AR/VR research. Provide team guidance, regular feedback, education, coaching and mentoring. Perform regular code reviews and improve the software engineering quality of the team. Create career development plans, manage performance, write performance reviews, and recruit new software engineers.
- Learn constantly, dive into new areas with unfamiliar technologies, and embrace the ambiguity of VR problem solving
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years C++ experience, including C++11 features and principles
- 5+ years experience creating software for real-time environments such as games or robotics.
- 2+ years experience managing software engineers.
- Proven track record of professional software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span platforms and tools.
- Problem solving and optimization ability.
- Communication skills and demonstrated experience working across disciplines to drive solutions.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top