Oculus Communications Manager, Platform
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
Oculus is looking for a Communications Manager to support developer and platform communications for Rift. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about VR, is capable of working across multiple internal and external teams simultaneously, has strong media relations skills, and can lead short term and long term projects with excellent organizational skills. This person should have relevant experience in developer communications. Experience in gaming PR a plus. This person will be a key member of a strategic communications team that’s responsible for leading PR for Oculus and Facebook’s VR software, developer programs, and initiatives. Being able to work quickly and be comfortable with fluid situations in an always changing industry is key. This position is full-time and will be located in Menlo Park, California.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to create communications plans that drive excitement and understanding around Oculus platform features
- Help drive communications efforts around speaking opportunities and thought leadership moments for the Oculus ecosystem
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to tell stories around VR development
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams across Oculus and Facebook
- Forge deep relationships with the target media and influencers
- Organize press briefings, media sessions, and events
- Prepare briefing materials and manage spokespeople
- Post-graduate or professional degree
- 5+ years professional experience in technology or developer communications environment
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top