Novi Accounting Controller
- Dublin, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
For many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant - $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we're hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
The Controllership team is looking for a highly driven and hands-on Novi Accounting Controller to account for and report Novi's digital wallet transactions in EMEA. The candidate will work with the Novi blockchain team within Facebook, to explore new and different ways of leverage blockchain technology and provide accounting guidance where required in aiding decision-making for APAC. The candidate will be a key member of the EMEA controllership team to support accounting and reporting activities for Novi and other EMEA entities, including performing US GAAP closing and local statutory reporting. They will work very closely with the Novi Finance team located in Menlo Park, California and the Dublin and Singapore-based accounting teams in executing day to day controllership operations. The ideal candidate should demonstrate excellent communication and partner with internal and external stakeholders. This is a great role for anyone who loves to work with cross-functional teams, have a strong start-up mentality and a desire to understand how things work and be comfortable to problem-solve in a fast-moving culture. This is a full-time position based in the Facebook Dublin Office.
- Manage the EMEA Blockchain entities for US GAAP reporting. This includes processes related to month-end and quarter-end close, P&L, Balance Sheet and variance analysis.
- Prepare the annual statutory close, the financial statements and related disclosures, manage the external audit.
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of Corporation tax and VAT returns in close partnership with the Tax department.
- Assist with the implementation of new and existing accounting standards as they relate to the Facebook blockchain efforts across other cross-functional finance teams within the company where applicable.
- Assist with the review of contracts and agreements, implement the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Create strong business partnerships and manage service levels with third party service providers, including the review of work performed by outsourced partners.
- Support the Finance team in the design, testing and roll-out of financial reporting systems/tools/processes.
- Drive projects and make an impact, this role is more about adding value rather than operational accountant duties
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in researching and documenting accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of issues
- 15+ years of post qualification experience
- Communication experience and experience in iterative process and technology development and project deployment is preferable
- Experience with FinTech or other financial services operational role
- CPA, or equivalent qualification with US GAAP and/or IFRS experience
Back to top