North America Market Specialist
- Austin, TX
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Global Operations' focus is on supporting our users through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions, and on improving the health of our products by helping people understand how to use them. Those who join our teams are very passionate about investigating & solving issues people may encounter within our portfolio of apps, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. We are seeking a resilient self-starter who is eager to learn, collaborative and a proven team player. We count on specialists who are passionate about protecting users, and are excited to build systems to support millions of people. We value people who can strategically drive the team using macro-level insights, while still caring for micro-level cases affecting people around the globe. We're targeting an intellectually curious and creative individual who is comfortable operating in ambiguity - a strategic thinker with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. This individual should also be passionate about investigating and conducting root-cause analysis to inform strategic decisions.
- As a market specialist, be aware of current market events and typical user behavior in the North America market.
- Apply policies to content at scale.
- Measure and analyze key business metrics to improve our enforcement of community standards and increase Facebook's accountability towards our community of users.
- Gather market specific insights through quantitative and qualitative analysis of benign and abusive content on Facebook and Instagram and use it to develop scalable solutions to support our global Facebook community.
- Communicate market specific insights to cross-functional partners within the company in order to collaborate and improve our policies, processes and tools.
- Support vendors to understand the impact of policy changes on the team's current work and surface gaps in policy, process, and tools.
- Partner with vendors to ensure that performance feedback is being shared with relevant teams and proactively track the impact and success of remediation plans.
- Liaise closely with our vendors to ensure all operational and business KPIs meet and exceed targets.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert and Go-to-Person for specific, complex business areas.
- Use problem solving skills to resolve large and complex business problems.
- Become and remain knowledgeable about Facebook products and Community Standards.
- Investigate and resolve issues that are reported on Facebook such as requests for account support and reports of potentially abusive content.
- 1+ years of work experience in consulting, tech, project management or an operational capacity
- Experience communicating to a variety of audiences effectively
- Online investigative or research experience
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, economics or related field
- 6+ months experience working with data
- 6+ months experience working with SQL
Back to top