North America Lead, IP Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced leader to manage North America strategic operations for our Intellectual Property Operations team focusing on Copyright and Brand & Trademark Rights.
The IP Ops team at Facebook is for responsible owning and driving data-driven and strategic improvements across the significant scale of incoming claims for Facebook, Instagram, and other products. Solving both challenging and ambiguous problems is at the core of what we do.
The ideal candidate will be tasked with developing, motivating, and influencing our talented team leads and individual contributors, as well as driving cross-functional impact with our internal and external partners. Successful candidates for this job are compelling and experienced people managers, thought leaders in the operations space, and use data-driven, flexible models to adapt to constant changes and solve tough problems. We want a strong leader who thinks creatively and sets ambitious goals and vision for the team. Ability to work across different time zones and attention to scale in policy application is key for this role as well.
- Establish localized and contribute to global team goals and work with team members on strategies for executing, measuring progress, and communicating results
- Provide mentorship, guidance and career development to people manager team leads a and team members of all levels
- Develop and carry out performance expectations while assisting other IP managers to do the same
- Partner with internal and external groups as necessary to implement IP strategy and manage stellar team results
- Identify trends and develop solutions to optimize team workflows, introduce new workflows and improve user experience
- Organize, motivate, and develop the group focusing on maximizing individual strengths and skills
- Leverage skills across cross-functional leaders and offices to move roadblocks and empower individuals to execute and deliver results on initiatives that drive goals forward
- Strategically align teams and resources, mitigating competing incentives and risk
- Lead, build a strong culture, and drive short, mid, and long-term vision for a group spanning two offices and more than one sub-team
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher
- 3+ years experience as a people manager including experience mentoring and leading managers and senior reports
- Experience using data to drive key results for a scaled operations team
- Proven people management experience
- Experience leading projects from inception to completion
- Communication and persuasion experience with proven experience in cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management
- Experience mentoring independent performers and creating opportunities for growth
- Problem solving experience with experience learning new things
- Communication experience including correspondence with leadership
- Experience leading Ops teams at a technology company with significant scale
- Background leading Ops teams that work on Intellectual Property, Legal, or Privacy issues
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Mission-driven, extremely reliable, hard-working
- Ability to think strategically under pressure
- Able to quickly recognize and respond to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
- Ability to create and strengthen partnerships and relationships both internal and external to Facebook
Back to top