News Partnerships Lead
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a News Partnerships leader to drive relationships with journalists, publishers and media companies in Australia and New Zealand. A demonstrated passion for news, publishing and journalism, this person will also have a broad base of experience to draw on and be obsessed with the intersection of media content and social media. Success in this position requires a passion for working with partners, strong analytical skills, a focus on partner management, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, team-focused environment. This position is full-time and will be based out of our Sydney office.
- Develop and execute strategy for partnerships with the news industry
- Represent Facebook at industry events and in meetings with senior executives from other companies and own key relationships
- Represent Partner perspective to Facebook Product and Engineering teams
- Execute projects involving quantitative analysis, industry research and strategy development.
- Passion for Facebook and the impact it can make for the News industry
- BA/BS degree or higher with outstanding academic performance
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside Facebook
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, and the ability to serve as a spokesperson for Facebook
- 10+ years of experience in journalism, newsroom and publishers ideally with a focus on social media storytelling, audience engagement or partner management
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top