New Technology Introduction (NTI) Technical Program Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class AR and VR hardware and software. With global teams dedicated to AR and VR research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more, FRL is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation. AR and VR's potential to change the world is immense and we're just getting started. Our Operational Excellence (Op Ex) team develops and champions best-in-class processes and tools that enable our teams to bring new technologies to market faster in products our customers love. What we develop is used by hundreds of extremely talented members of our technical teams to develop, integrate and launch new technologies, realizing the human value and new experiences they open up. As an NTI (New Technology Introduction) Technical Program Manager at FRL, you will engage with our teams to develop and deliver impactful innovations that require longer time horizons, and more foresight into future key use cases and customer needs. You will partner with Product Management to ensure our product vision and concept definition includes sufficient detail to inform technology innovation years into the future. In addition, you will partner with our technology teams to ensure tech roadmaps intersect product concepts in our roadmap at appropriate points to better secure transition of tech into NPI (New Product Introduction). You will play a key role in not only driving the process, but using your technical breadth and depth to connect product vision and tech innovation, and support the creation of both product and technology roadmaps. In this way, you'll act as a golden thread, bringing together cutting edge technologies and meaningful use cases to help provide solutions to delight customers for years to come.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Management and the various technology teams to ensure that product roadmaps and technology roadmaps intersect.
- Leverage your knowledge of user needs-driven development and requirements gathering to influence product briefs and product roadmaps to help them inform technology priorities.
- Leverage broad technical skills to weigh in on solutions, risks, mitigations and next steps.
- Leverage your experience in execution to ensure that technology solutions intersect, in a proper and reasonable way, with roadmapped programs. Provide a strong perspective on risks for each of those mappings of technology solutions to programs.
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure technology and system constraints are identified and aligned effectively to enable technology solutions to converge with upcoming NPI programs.
- Strategize the tools you'll need to develop and relationships you'll need to build in order to achieve your intended impact in a technically and organizationally complex environment.
- Effectively communicate progress on your initiatives, identify potential risks and setbacks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Systematic approach to problem-solving and a focus on driving continuous improvement in large organizations.
- BS in engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience, with a substantial portion focused on technical program management, delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Experience with phase gate approach to technology development projects.
- Proven communication and influencing skills at all levels of the organization and across technical and non-technical teams.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and across multiple levels of leadership.
- Experience in scoping and shipping Consumer Electronics hardware.
- Experience in the development and introduction of radically new technology to consumers.
- Experience tracking industry and market trends to assess new and external technologies/products to solve problems and demonstrate thought leadership.
Back to top