New Product Integration Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an Integration Engineer to join our Data Center Operations team. The Integration Engineer will be responsible for influencing new data center hardware design, integration, tooling & automation readiness for adherence to our data center best practices. This dynamic candidate must possess excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, plus strong operations management and analytical skills. This position is based in Menlo Park, California with domestic and international travel required. The ideal person for this role will have a unique blend of real world data center operations and large-scale product and project development experiences that will enable them to be impactful with strategic initiatives and tactical projects. If you have a strong appetite for technology and enjoy working in small, agile, empowered teams solving complex problems within a high energy, oftentimes chaotic environment then this is the role for you. This position is full time and located in Menlo Park, California.
- Be conversant in the Facebook hardware design road map and able to communicate planned changes to the broader Data Center Operations team.
- Prioritize and assess impact of hardware design changes and ensure new feature requests are fully specified for implementation among all cross-functional teams.
- Work with internal teams to institutionalize Data Center Operations requirements to their evaluation and preparation of new hardware.
- Drive identification, assessment, and execution of ongoing process improvement opportunities in terms of equipment reliability, serviceability, and operations productivity.
- Manage the communication and delivery of our hardware programs for data center operations from start to finish, working with the operations teams, engineering, and management.
- Collaborate with a group of individual contributors to participate in the hardware evaluation and acceptance process.
- Engage in larger cross functional programs from requirements gathering to creating program plans from implementing pilots to support testing
- Systems integration or data center enhancements.
- Create and communicate mid-long term strategy for improving data center operability, trend analysis, issue resolution, compile ongoing service metrics for review with peer teams or suppliers.
- 5+ years of experience with data center power and cooling infrastructure and operations management of mission critical infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience managing large-scale server installations and maintenance.
- Familiar with Linux operating system and utilities
- Familiar with server architecture and components
- Proven abilities to troubleshoot and diagnose system hardware problems.
- Prior experience working and training in an environment with remote teams.
- Demonstrated operations aptitude with experience in manufacturing or similar.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience with at least 5 years of experience technical operations
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top