Neural Imaging Engineer, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
B8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Technical Project Team has the responsibility for scoping the effort from inception to product, communicating it to others, creating the partnerships necessary to achieve targeted results, and hitting key milestones. B8 seeks an experienced Neural Imaging Engineer who will be responsible for working on a project focused on developing novel non-invasive neuroimaging technologies. We are looking for a slightly impatient individual willing to face down their fear of failure to accomplish bold things. This is a two-year position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Design and evaluate novel neural imaging methods based on optical, RF, ultrasound, or other entirely non-invasive approaches
- Oversee collaborative research, data management, and hardware/software development across a diverse set of external partners including academic and industrial organizations
- Travel to partner sites to review progress and facilitate collaboration
- Ph.D. degree in physics, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, or related quantitative technical field required
- 3+ years of experience with biomedical image acquisition methods (e.g., optical, ultrasound, RF) including image reconstruction algorithms and/or neuroimaging applications
- Ability to work with diverse partners, vendors, and internal teams
- Knowledgeable with hardware engineering and development
- Detail oriented communication and documentation skills
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top