Network Security Engineer
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebooks' Network Security team is seeking an experienced engineer to help secure the infrastructure that connects over two billion users. You will be responsible for building, implementing and operationally supporting network security efforts throughout our network. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for security and innovation, who will research and develop new solutions to help protect our infrastructure and our users. This candidate should thrive on finding security issues and eradicating them as well as a desire to make life hard for the bad guys. With focuses that range from large scale DDoS, security tool development, defense against internal and external attacks there's lots of room to push your skill set further.
- Implementation and evolution of network access controls
- Iterate network security posture to better protect against attacks and detect new vectors
- Lead network efforts to mitigate and investigate security incidents
- Develop automation and utilize frameworks to scale both protection and mitigation tools
- Evaluate and test new vendor and in house network initiatives for security issue
- Mentor and evangelize security practices through cross-functional work with engineering teams throughout Facebook.
- Keep Facebook safe through active operation and defense of critical network infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in Network Security
- Working knowledge of JunOS, IOS and networking
- Background in network service, content provider operation, or larger scale hosting
- Understanding of current security issues and threats
- Understanding of Python, Shell or Perl in order to push software and network interaction
- Understanding of risks that can manifest in larger scale complex systems
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top